Here you will find all the necessary information regarding the use of the personal data of our visitors, users (which includes: users who leave their shopping cart abandoned, internet users who communicate with I'M NAT via the channels provided in the online shop - Instagram, Facebook and E-mail) and buyers, hereinafter referred to as users.
1. WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The data collected are not used in the same way, each moment requires the use of different ones. Below you will find a list of the data collected and used by I'M NAT:
- Identification data: first name, surname, language and country, contact details (namely e-mail and telephone or mobile phone number);
- Shipping data: address, postcode, city and country;
- Billing data: Tax ID number, first name and surname, address;
- Economic and transaction information: payment or card data (last 4 digits of VISA or MasterCard), order, return and delivery information;
- Connection data: geolocation and/or navigation (understanding by which device you interact with us and from which location);
- Commercial information: newsletter subscription or not, creation or not of customer account;
- Information on tastes and preferences.
Please remember that when we ask you to fill in your personal details to give you access to any feature or service of the online shop, we will mark certain fields as mandatory, since this is the information we need to be able to give you the service or access to the feature in question. Please note that if you decide not to provide such data, you may not be able to complete the customer registration or enjoy those services or features.
These data, in particular the identification and shipping data, are shared with our distribution partners, depending on the destination of the order (Mainland Portugal, Mainland Spain or Europe - Schengen Area) the entities with which the data is shared will alternate between: NACEX, DPD and CTT. I'M NAT reserves the right to change its distribution partners without notice.
The billing data is shared with the billing manager of I'M NAT in order to issue the respective invoices with tax identification, or not, every time there is an order in our online shop.
Your personal data will be processed for the following functionalities:
- If you decide to register as a customer in our online shop, we need to process your data in order to identify you as a user of the online shop and to give you access to the various features, products and services that are available to you as a registered user. You can cancel your registered user account by contacting us.
- To contact you regarding updates or informational communications related to features, products or services, including quality surveys and to establish customer satisfaction with the service provided.
- To manage the payment of the products you have purchased, whatever the payment method used.
- Activate the necessary mechanisms to prevent and detect unauthorised use of the Platform (for example, to prevent possible fraud committed against you and/or us). If we consider that the transaction may be fraudulent, or if we detect abnormal behaviour that indicates an attempt to fraudulently use our features, products or services, this processing may result in consequences such as, for example, blocking the transaction or deleting the user account.
- In order to provide post-purchase support: to manage possible failures in the delivery of products, errors that occur during distribution, changes to the order, compensation for failures derived from I'M NAT (example: sending unsolicited products) and value returns.
- For individual or collective billing purposes;
- Managing complaints, criticisms or suggestions that reach I'M NAT;
- Personalise your experience by offering product and promotion recommendations that we think are best for you, taking into account your history in our online shop;
- If and when you subscribe to the I'M NAT newsletter your email will be entered into the database and you will receive exclusive information about the brand, new products and promotions via email or sms. This will happen for an unlimited time, until you choose to cancel your subscription - you can do this at any time, through the link sent at the end of all promotional and commercial e-mails or by contacting I'M NAT directly. The sending of this content may involve an analysis of your consumer profile, based on your demographic data and preferences;
- By being registered in our database, you also agree to receive occasional satisfaction and quality surveys about I'M NAT's products and services;
- Show you digital advertising when you visit other websites or apps, notably social networks. The advertising may be random or it may be directed and targeted at you - depending on your usage history, history with I'M NAT (visits to the online shop or purchases) and browsing in general. If you are a user of social networks you may have your data shared with platforms I'M NAT works with so that the brand's advertising is shown to you.
- We use your data to perform segment analysis and measurement of the advertising we show users on some of our collaborators' platforms. To do this, we collaborate with these third parties who provide us with the necessary technology (e.g. cookies, pixel, SDK) to use such services. Keep in mind that while we do not provide personally identifiable data to these collaborators, we do provide them with some form of identifier each time (e.g., an advertising ID associated with the device, an identifier associated with a cookie, etc.).
- Data enrichment: When we collect your personal data from a variety of sources, we may consolidate it under certain circumstances in order to improve our understanding of your needs and preferences relating to our products and services (including for the purposes of analytics, user profiling, marketing studies, quality surveys and improving our interactions with our customers).
- Navigation data in our online shop will be processed for analytical and statistical purposes, i.e. to help us understand how our users' behaviour in our online shop is proceeding.
Another note, not being personal data, but an interaction of interest to I'M NAT: when you share a review in our online shop or post a photo/image/video on social networks with the correct identification of the brand, you authorize us to disclose this material with our community in: email marketing, sms, posts on social networks or content of the online shop.
2. LEGITIMACY FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA.
The legal grounds that allow us to process your personal data also depend on the purpose for which we process it, as explained below:
- Manage user registration on the platform: The processing of your data is necessary in accordance with the terms governing the use of the online shop. In other words, in order for you to register as a user in the online shop, we need to process your personal data, otherwise we would not be able to manage your registration.
- Purchase and dispatch of products: The processing of your data is necessary for the conclusion of the purchase contract and the dispatch of products. Certain data processing related to the purchasing process is activated only because you request or consent to it, such as the storage of payment (card) data for future purchases. In these cases, our processing of your data is based on your own consent. We consider that we have a legitimate interest to carry out the necessary checks to detect and prevent possible fraud, or fraudulent use of the online shop, for example when you want to make a purchase or return. We believe that the processing of this data is positive for all parties involved: for you, as it allows us to put in place measures to protect you against fraudulent attempts perpetrated by third parties; for us, as it allows us to prevent unauthorised use of the online shop; for all our customers and the community, as it also protects your interest by ensuring that fraudulent activities are deterred and detected when they occur.
- Customer support: We consider that we have a legitimate interest in responding to the requests or questions that you put to us through the various existing contact channels. We believe that the processing of this data is also beneficial to you, as it enables us to provide you with appropriate assistance and to respond to the queries raised. When you contact us, in particular for the management of incidents related to your order or products purchased through the online shop, the processing of your data is necessary for the conclusion of the purchase contract. When your request is related to the exercise of the rights about which we inform you below, or with complaints related to our products or services, we are legally entitled to process your data for the purpose of compliance with our legal obligations.
- Marketing: We are allowed to process your data for marketing purposes once you have given us your consent, for example when you agree to receive personalised information through various channels, or when you accept the terms and conditions to participate in a promotional action or to publish your photos on I'M NAT's social networks or online shop. In order to provide you with personalised services, or to show you personalised information, whether in our online shop or that of third parties, and also to engage you in data enrichment, we consider that we have a legitimate interest in performing a profile check with the information we hold about you (such as browsing history, preferences or purchases) and the personal data you have provided us with such as, for example, age range or language, as we understand that processing this data is also beneficial to you as it allows you to improve your user experience and access information according to your preferences.
3. DURATION OF DATA USE
Just as each type of personal information is processed in different strands, these strands also have different data use periods.
- Unlimited data use, until you unsubscribe/register: areas such as placing orders, newsletter subscription, online shop registration involve keeping identification, invoicing, shipping and financial information for as long as you wish, until you delete your account or unsubscribe from the newsletter. This field also includes visits to the site for statistical purposes, although after the time described below they will no longer be associated with a particular person and will serve merely for counting purposes.
- Use for a period of up to 180 days: the record of visits to the site is kept for this period, so that you can be reached by digital advertising or newsletters.
- Use for a period of less than 180 days: all complaints or customer support requests will be dealt with for as long as it takes to resolve the problem.
Irrespective of whether we process your data for the time necessary to fulfil the corresponding purpose, we shall subsequently retain it properly stored and protected for as long as liabilities may arise from the processing, in accordance with the legislation in force at each time. When each of the possible actions is time-barred, we will delete the personal data
4. MAKING DATA AVAILABLE TO THIRD PARTIES
To fulfil the purposes indicated in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, it is necessary for us to give access to your personal data to those who are responsible for the areas of marketing, customer support and administration of I'M NAT and to third parties who provide us with support in the services we offer, namely:
- Financial institutions
- Anti-fraud prevention and detection bodies
- Analytical and technological service providers
- Service providers and service partners for logistics, transport and delivery and/or partner outlets
- Providers of services related to customer support,
- Marketing and advertising related service providers and collaborators such as social media pages, advertising agencies or advertising partners
5. RIGHTS AS A GIVER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We undertake to respect the confidentiality of your personal data and to guarantee you the exercise of your rights. With this in mind, we, the Individual Controllers, have agreed that you may exercise your rights free of charge by sending us an e-mail to (email@example.com), indicating only the reason for your request and the right you wish to exercise.
In the event that we consider it necessary for us to be able to identify you, we may request a copy of an identification document. In particular, regardless of the purpose or legal basis under which we process your data, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data that we hold on you. We remind you that if you are a registered user of the online shop, you can also consult this information in the section corresponding to your customer account.
- Request that we delete your data to the extent that it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we need to continue to process it, as explained above, or when we are no longer legally authorised to process it.
- Request that we cancel or limit the processing of your personal data, which means that in certain cases you can ask us to temporarily suspend the processing of the data or its storage beyond the time required. If you have given us your consent to process your data for any purpose, you also have the right to withdraw it at any time. Some of the ways in which you can withdraw your consent are detailed above in the section where we explain what the purposes of processing your data are.
Furthermore, as the processing of your data is based on your legitimate interest, you also have the right to object to the processing of your data.